Due to the current health situation, we are unfortunately unable to organize the Jury of the Architecture Prize Philippe Rotthier in 2020. We have thus decided to postpone it to 2021 and also to postpone the deadline for submitting files. Please find below the updated calendar:
- Submission deadline : January 31, 2021
- Jury : March 26 & 27, 2021
- Announcement of winners : June 19, 2021
We sincerely thank those who worked hard to submit their files on the announced dates. Of course, their submission will remain valid in 2021.
We thank you all for your understanding and we stay at your disposal for any question you might have about the Prize organisation.
The 2021 Philippe Rotthier European Prize will reward architecture, projects and urban developments that, true to the wishes of its founder, are sensitive to and inspired by the spirit of the place and that contribute to respect for the planet. The Prize will reward works produced during the last five years.
The jury will be particularly attentive to works that:
- Are locally based and are not interchangeable
- Seek to integrate rural and urban contexts and to avoid dislocation and provocation
- Make maximum possible use of natural materials and traditional and ecological methods
- Take into account local practices and customs
- Generate public spaces recognisable by all (streets, paths, avenues, squares, etc.)
- Favour a mixity of activities and limited mechanical circulation
- Reject social segregation in favour of mixed use buildings in which social housing is imperceptibly integrated
- Use land economically and the countryside sparingly